CB4 is looking for top talent to join our R&D team! This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, backed by top Venture Capital firms and an ever-increasing array of international customers. Make a true impact breaking into the global, multi-billion-dollar retail analytics market and revolutionize the status quo by introducing pattern recognition and machine learning strategies.
Are you a fast learner, passionate about technology, and looking for your next big challenge in an exciting and meaningful position to grow with while maximizing your potential? – Lets meet!
You will take a critical and active role in the designing, planning, developing, and decision-making processes while cooperating with our strong and experienced team of experts.
• Develop end-to-end data pipelines in GCP (Google Cloud Platform) ecosystem
• Research 3rd-party tools and frameworks and incorporate them into the pipeline
• Own the development, optimization and maintenance of our production data warehouses
• Develop automated auditing and monitoring procedures to assure reliability and availability
• Serve as R&D’s technical focal point to the Customer Success team
• Code quality assurance:
• Ongoing code review with teammates
• Performance and testability assurance
• Continuous code optimization
• Strong background in Linux and system engineering – at least 5 years
• 3+ years of experience with Python
• 1+ years of experience with Bash scripting
• 1+ years of experience with a public cloud platform
• Independent and highly motivated
• Fast, autodidact learner
• Team player, great interpersonal skills
• SQL experience
• Experience with ETL tools
• Experience in Java
• Experience with Big Data technologies and SQL/NoSQL databases
CB4 provides patented machine learning solutions that capture consumer behavioral patterns and translates those into actionable recommendations. Backed up by Sequoia Capital, one of the most successful Venture Capital firms in the world (behind companies such as Apple, Google, LinkedIn), CB4 is aiming to revolutionize the way retailers predict consumer demand.
CB4 is a fast-growing machine learning & AI SAAS company revolutionizing and empowering operations and IT teams in brick and mortar retail chains. Backed by Octopus Ventures, we are ready to expand our London office with a Customer Insights Manager.
You will report to the Insights Director and be based in London, UK.
In this role, you will be expected to analyze data to answer customer inquiries, develop reports for internal and external stakeholders, and work with a product manager to support building an analytics environment. We have a lean team, which requires each of us to expertly manage the execution of tasks, communicate frequently at a task and strategy level, and take a hands-on approach to every aspect of our Insights team initiatives. You must be comfortable working as part of a team and independently to accomplish our shared milestones and KPIs.
- Design and implement business reports for customers using a variety of analytical environments and frameworks.
- Investigate and solve analytical inquiries in support of customers and the Customer Success Team.
- Gather requirements and develop business plans for technological and analytical programs and projects
- Leverage our in-house Machine Learning engine to drive increasing value for our customers
Critical Skills / Abilities
The Insights team and its members are often integrated into the entire retail operations process (back and front offices). As such, we’re looking for individuals who have a broad knowledge and familiarity with modern analytical techniques, while also being interested in meeting face-to-face with customers.
- 1-2 years of experience as an analyst
- 1+ years of experience working with BI tools (e.g. tableau)
- 1+ years in a front-office or customer facing role
- 1+ years using SQL Databases (DDL and DML)
Additionally, our ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years of experience at a SaaS company or retail organization
- 1+ years using Python for data analysis (i.e. pandas, NumPy, SKLearn, ect.)
- Self-starter: you are able to work successfully within a team and independently
- Process-oriented: you understand that for everything to work seamlessly, it’s essential for processes to be in place and to be consistent
- Organized: you can move among tasks effortlessly, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- A general interest in AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science
Compensation will be commensurate with the abilities you bring to the table, but will include a competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits program, and a performance-based incentive pay program. Less than 25% travel.